At the end of March, I posted some 2nd quarter goals for myself. Now that its 3rd quarter, its time to review and revise those goals.
Here are my goals from Q2:
- Become fiscally stable
- Acquire a consistent stream of revenue
- Be fiscally responsible
- Have fewer non-productive days
- Learn to code, daily
- Consistent blogging, weekly
- Read a book, monthly
- Take better care of myself
- Eat better
- Consistent exercise
So from those goals, I assure you that I have a 100% success rate if we’re talking about completing them. I neither completed nor made any meaningful progress on any of those goals. Looking back at the post for my Q2 goals, at the very top is a quote from Earl Nightingale which reads: “Set worthy goals. Don’t drift along as a wandering generality. Be a meaningful specific.” That’s the thing though, all of my goals were very general. Read a book….okay, what book? Learn to code….following what course or curriculum? You get the idea. So with that in mind, lets make some fresh goals for Q3 that are specific and hopefully will be easier to follow through because of it. Going forward I’m going to be breaking goals down into three categories: Health, Wealth, and Skills
Goals for Q3:
- Daily 30 minute walks.
- Hitting the gym at least 3 times a week.
- Cooking at least 3 times a week.
- Finding a 2nd job.
- Building up an emergency fund, covering one months expenses.
- Begin process of fixing my credit score.
- Work towards completion of Harvard CS50 course with certificate.
- Complete daily WordPress Blogging University challenges.
- Attain an online marketing certification. *
Aside from the last one, I feel these are much more specific and attainable. I put an asterisk next to the last one because there are few certifications to choose from and having only researched them last night, I’m not sure which one I’d like to go for first. Rest assured though, I will be revisiting that goal and putting in something specific before Q4 rolls around.
Let me know what you’re working on and what you think about my goals!